Private Kayak Instructions
Due to the COVID pandemic, Washington Kayak Club (WKC) had to cancel our classes and clinics as well as most club trips. To respond the community’s needs for kayak instructions, we provide lists of instructors for Sea Kayaking and Whitewater Kayaking.
- Each instructor listed here is:
- Active WKC member
- Certified by American Canoe Association (ACA)
- Currently volunteering or has volunteered in the past for WKC as an instructor and/or a board member.
- Private lessons are NOT club activities and are NOT covered with the club’s insurance.
- Your instructor may ask you to sign an ACA waiver.
- Read each instructor’s information to see if he/she is available during the COVID.Even if available, unless specified otherwise, the lessons are taught with a safe distance of 6 feet or more, i.e. the hands-on roll practice may not be available.
- Please contact the instructor for the availability and the pricing.
- The student is responsible for bringing appropriate equipment.
- Sea Kayak equipment: sea kayak, sea kayak paddle, Personal Floatation Device (PFD), spray skirt…
- Whitewater equipment: whitewater kayak with float bags, whitewater paddle, whitewater helmet, Personal Floatation Device (PFD), spray skirt; a drysuit is recommended in the cold weather.
- Discuss your equipment with the instructor prior to the lesson.
- Contact Kayak Academy for equipment rental.
Sea Kayak Instructors