2014 WKC ADVANCED SEA KAYAKING CLASS
8 Sessions: Two extended weekends, July 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18, 19 and 20.
We are excited about our class this year, it is planned to be a fun, entertaining and challenging learning experience. The class is a great environment to develop and expand your current Sea Kayaking skills and judgment. In this class, you will learn efficient paddling and boat handling technique, effective capsize recovery skills and correct bracing techniques, which includes the Eskimo roll. The class is structured so you will have many opportunities to practice your newly developed skills in a positive, supportive environment before we move into more challenging conditions.
Please take the time to review the schedule and requirements for participating in the Advanced Sea Kayaking Class. If you are comfortable with the demands of the schedule and the requirements for participation class, please sign up right away as this class fills up fast. If you have additional questions or concerns that are not answered by the provided information, please do not hesitate to contact Rhonda Schwab. Limited 10 students. Fee $250.00
There are two ways to pay for this class Check or sign up on line.
If you sign up on line go to: www.washingtonkayak.org look under events
If you send a check please make it out to the WKC and mail to:
3915 S 12th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
Rhonda Schwab; (253 735-9402)
The schedule for the class is:
· Wednesday, July 09, 6:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. – Classroom
· Thursday, July 10, 8:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. - Pool practice at the Tukwila (formerly Foster) pool.
· Saturday, July 12, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Angle Lake
· Sunday, July 13, 8:00am – 10:00 a.m. - Pool practice at the Tukwila (formerly Foster) pool.
· Tuesday, July 15, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. - Pool practice at the Tukwila (formerly Foster) pool.
· Friday, July 18 , 8:00 a.m. – Deception Pass, Bowman Bay
· Saturday, July 19– 9:00 a.m. Deception Pass
· Sunday, July 20, 9:00 a.m. - Deception Pass State Park
Membership in the Washington Kayak Club
You will need to supply your own boat with flotation and all appropriate paddling gear.
In addition to PFD, spray skirt, paddle, paddle float, helmet and a hand bilge pump is required.
Since Puget Sound and San Juan water temperature is in the 46-48 degrees range all year, we require that you wear a dry suit for all outdoor sessions.
You will need a helmet for the current play sessions (Deception Pass)