***This is the same class as the morning session. We need at least 6 students to make this session happen.***
With Don Cheyette of Seattle Adventure Sports, learn CPR, AED and First Aid with a special focus on kayakers' needs. Hybrid class with online homework and in-person hands-on (outdoor) portions.
AHA online course $19.50 (Complete in advance)
In-person hands-on instruction $55 (your space is not secured until you pay)
Trip Leader Credit -$30 (WKC member who led/leads a club trip in 2021 will receive $30 Club Express credit which can be used for future membership dues, pool sessions, skills clinic, etc.)
- Do not come if you are sick or have been exposed to someone with COVID.
- Wear a face mask throughout the class if you have not been fully vaccinated.
- Keep 6 feet away from each other.
- A dummy for each student (not sharing between students during this class), disposable gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- The in-person class will be held outdoor.
- Each student will mostly work individually. When partnering with another student, the partners will remain the same throughout the class. If possible, register together with a household member or someone who you frequently paddle with.
- No mouth-to-mouth practice.