Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Whitewater Trip Planning Party/Pre Paddle
Saturday, January 12, 2019, 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Registration cancellations will be accepted
We will run the South Fork of the Snoqualmie, class II+, and then rally at Jenefer and Bram's in Preston for the 2019 White Water Trip Planning Party. It should be a great year , with you all leading trips, changing lives.
The club will be providing pizza, desert, and non-alcoholic beverages. Not necessary, but if you would like, please bring a side dish to share (dessert works too). BYOB if desired.
Please bring your calendars, ideas for this years clinics, and ready to plan a super fun year of kayaking!!!
Ideas for 2019 trips could include:
- We will need class II, II+ after the whitewater class ends (headworks, club stretch, big eddy, sf Snoqualmie, etc.)
- Skill builders
- River rolling
- Follow the Leader (Eddy Hopping / Attainment work)
- Camping trips / self-supports or car camping
- 7 Rivers Challenge - Sauk, Stilliguamish, Sol Duc, Wenatchee, Nisqually, White Salmon, Nooksack
- Easter egg hunt trip
- Olympic Pennisula adventures
- Ocean surfing
- After-work trips
- Cispus - good surfing!!!
- Summer excursions (Cascade whitewater park, Wassau Wisconsin Jackson Play Clinic)
- Don't forget about Fall boating (Halloween, anything in October, November, and December are awesome)
Need some INCENTIVES
- Changing lives (no seriously :))
- WKC t-shirts for everyone that signs up to run or help on a trirp
- Quarterly raffles for $150 gift certificates (one entry per trip lead)
- Free CPR/FA Class if you lead just one class II or II+ trip
- 50% of Swift Water Rescue class if you lead two trips!
Never led and nervous? NO WORRIES! We have a training just for you(details soon)
Feel free to skip the paddle and meet us at the party too but please sign up either way. I'll send address details in email.
Thanks for reading
Thank you VP Jenefer Monroe for letting me copy your post for last years trip planning party!